Women, Infants and Children
Family Health Council of Central Pennsylvania’s WIC Program is committed to improving the health of pregnant women, new mothers, and children by providing nutrition education, breastfeeding support, healthy foods and referrals to health and social programs during critical periods of growth and development.
Each month Family Health Council of Central Pennsylvania provides this support to over 14,000 women, infants and children.
The Special Supplemental Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) is a federally funded program helping children up to age 5, and pregnant and breastfeeding mothers with access to food, health care and nutrition education.
Who is eligible for WIC?
- Pregnant women
- Women who have given birth within the last 6 months
- Women who are breastfeeding infants under 12 months old
- Infants and children up to 5 years old
What does the WIC program offer?
- Immunization record checks and iron deficiency screening
- Counseling and referrals for other health and human services
- Vouchers to purchase nutritious foods like farmer’s market vouchers/checks for fresh, locally grown fruits and vegetables
Where can I find a WIC center near me?
- Or call toll-free: 1-877-743-1372 Monday 10 am – 6 pm; Tuesday-Friday, 8 am – 4 pm